Thursday, June 28, 2007

Mr Putty Pants Spends A Day In The Countryside

My handlers took me to the country earlier this spring to visit Girly's parents and our childhood home. I spent my first sixteen years here
before Girly dragged me off to the city.

It's good to see my old home again and I immediately started clambering about my favourite haunts checking into everything and making sure
things are as they should be.

Hmmm, things look good from up here.

I even took time to examine the enchanting spring flora in the area.

How adorable, I'll try not to step on them.

Feeling unusually generous, I decided I'd help Girly's dad with his vegetable garden. He wasn't amused when I sort-of-accidentally dug out his seedlings. Being a smart little fellow, I beat a hasty retreat as rocks whistled by my head.

Not discouraged by the gardening incident, I noticed a stack of wood all neatly piled and waiting for my inspection. Well, I don't know how it happened, but somehow the logs got out of control and ended up rolling down the hill. Curses were ringing in my ears as I dashed off into the bushes.

I caught up with New Big Friend and we sat together in the swamp listening to very loud frogs singing their spring songs. Of course, being the cool dudes that we are, we ended up bursting into full song to accompany the frogs. Girly thinks we're strange, but we were definitely "One with the Frogs", something not everyone can understand.

Eventually I had a dire need to use the facilities, but Girly wouldn't take me back to the house since her dad was still on the rampage looking for me. She picked up a hunk of birch bark and handed it to me, saying that's what one uses in the bush. I DON'T THINK SO! I'm a bit of a city dude now. I guess I'll just have to hold on...urg!

Whilst I'm busy holding on, they wander off leaving me to catch up. It's just like them to turn around in time to catch me struggling over a log, causing a whole lot of laughing and pointing. I'll get them!

I'm so winded by all the fresh air and exercise I decided to protest by plunking myself down on a rock and refusing to move. Girly will have to carry me back to the house. Ha, ha, I win!

No comments: