Saturday, August 11, 2007

Mr Putty Pants On Summer Vacation

Mr Putty PantsMy humans and I are off to Pointe au Baril in Ontario's Rainbow Country for a few days R&R. Here I am waiting...waiting...waiting, whilst my slow humans get the kayaks on the car...come on will you, I'm an impatient little fellow you know.

Mr Putty Pants with his seat belt onAh finally, as a punishment for making me wait, Girly will have to sit in the back seat...ha, ha to bad! Being a safety conscious fellow I strapped on my seat belt and off we went.

Mr Putty PantsWe've arrived at last after a few stop overs at Tim Hortons. I ended up being relegated to the back seat after asking "Are we there yet?" too many times. Sheesh, humans can be so frustrating.

Mr Putty Pants I scampered up the steps of our little cabin...hurry up slow pokes, open the door.

Mr Putty PantsOnce inside I clambered around and checked out the view.

Then I secured the area with a fly swat...

...and had a go on the high wire.

Here I am waiting for something to eat. Hurry up, all this fresh air and activity makes for a hungry fellow.

Since it wasn't dinner time they left a few chocolates on the table for me to hunt down. They were yummy and good for my stunning figure.

After rapidly finishing off my snack I grabbed the iPod and mellowed out to some cool tunes much to the relief of my handlers.

After a while New Big Friend and I had time to kick back and relax while waiting for dinner...come on Girly, chop chop with the grub.

After dinner New Big Friend showed me where we are kayaking tomorrow. Too bad Girly is coming with us, it'll spoil this manly bonding activity.

The next morning before everybody was up I wanted to have a better look at were we were going.

I poured over the map just to be sure.

Still no one's up yet! Do they think they are on vacation or something? So...being me, and that's hard to avoid, I took the car for a spin to check out some launch locations for the kayaks.

I parked the car somewhere to take a look around but forgot were I left it. Lucky for me I found my way back to the cabin where I woke up New Big Friend and made him go out and find it. Apparently I'd parked it on a big rock in the bush...oops.

After some finger shaking and threatening gestures in my direction we managed to get going. I ended up having to paddle with Girly since New Big Friend was mad at me...that's him up ahead.

We stopped for lunch at this rocky place...

...which we shared with this lovely snake. Hummm, I wonder if he's poisonous? Maybe I could put him in Girly's kayak.

We paddled all day and checked out some pretty cool spots. I was still stuck on Girly's kayak, so much for male bonding. We spent the rest of our vacation paddling around and relaxing at our cabin.

All good things shouldn't come to an end but here goes our relaxed state of mind as we head home a few days later...urg!

4 comments:

Teena in Toronto said...

Sounds like a lovely vacation. I hope you wore a life jacket.

Mr Putty Pants said...

Hey Teena,
My humans can't find one small enough so they strap me in because I'm not good in water, I sink like a stone...too many chocolates.

Unknown said...

Hey Putty! Looks like you had a great time. I'm surprised you didn't bring you kitten along. Tell you friend Girlie that I'll see her on the weekend. I'll send along some chocolates for you.

Mr Putty Pants said...

I love you chris....see you this weekend.